Guitar Lesson 14/11/2016

Today in our guitar lesson we practiced our warm ups, including our A minor pentatonic. We discussed maintenance again and Kyle changed a string since he wasn't here last week.

We talked about what we are planning to do in our video assessment. For mine I would like to change one of my strings to demonstrate that I can do it successfully and I will clean off my fretboard with lemon oil. I might also talk about how you shouldn't use lemon oil on a maple neck to show my understanding of different guitar woods. I will talk about my guitar's truss rod, how and why you adjust it and how important it is to be careful because your guitar is ruined if you break the truss rod. When I've changed my string and tuned it up I will demonstrate some of the warm-up techniques we have been practicing in these lessons. I will probably demonstrate my favourite ones and the ones that I feel have helped me the most. My preferred warm ups are the chromatic scales where you move back a fret but up a string and also the pentatonic tricks.

To end I might talk about how my guitar works and what wood it is made of. I could mention what ideally I would like my dream guitar to be made of and why. We touched upon this again today in the lesson.

A common goal in our group is to learn scales so that we can improvise more confidently. For one of my guitar exams I had to improvise over a blues track and I found that that helped me a lo so today we did something similar but with the A minor pentatonic scale. I wasn't ready to improvise with the new scale we learned but for next week I will practice it so I can improvise better. We learned a blues lick too which will help our solos improve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Term 3 - Lesson 4

Term 2 - Lesson 11

Term 3 - Lesson 1