Guitar Lesson 12/12/2016

Over the weekend I made a draft of what I wanted to say for my video because I felt it wasn't as good as it could've been. I wanted to talk more about changing strings because that is the most common maintenance procedure that you carry out with a guitar. Most people know how to change a string but they might not be comfortable with adjusting the action or intonation. I wanted to be detailed with what I was talking about because that would show that I understand it more than someone else for example. Also by doing my video a second time I would be more relaxed and comfortable because I am more sure of what I am supposed to be doing.

I am happier with my second video recording because I don't feel I rushed it like last week. I approached the video with the same structure but by being more secure on what I was going to say I could pace it better, rather than rushing to get all my ideas out. I was calmer because I knew what to expect and overall I feel it was more successful. I didn't stutter as much either so I think the video will be smoother to watch.

After we had filmed our videos we did some more improvising over a song that will be played on Wednesday as part of the gig. Today it was "Easy" by the Commodores and involved three chords I already knew and one I didn't - Esus. It was hard to start off but I like learning new chords and learning why they sound different. We then found the relative scales and improvised over the chords which was fun because Nick brought in his loop pedal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Term 3 - Lesson 4

Term 2 - Lesson 11

Term 3 - Lesson 1